Completed her post-graduation M.Sc., in the year 1987 from Bangalore University. Joined Vivekananda Degree College as a faculty and moved to PES College. Served in Government First Grade Colleges on deputation. Obtained M.Phil., Degree from Vinayaka Mission University in 2008.
Presently serving the Physics department as Associate Professor. As a part of Academic programmes attended Refresher course and orientation course. As a part of passion in literature authored several kannada short novels.
PURNIMA D S
Date of Joining
Area of Research
Solid state physics | Lattice Dynamical Investigation
Member in Spandhana women’s wing and Eco Club.
Research Publications - National
Refresher Course | Orientation Course
Seminar | Conference - Paper Presentations
Seminar | Conference - Participation
- National Conference on Materials for Energy Storage and Conversion, Shri Venkateshwara University, Tirupati – 23rd 24th Jan,2012
- Staff development programme on High Impact Research Skills, New Horizon Engineering College, Bangalore – 12th May, 2010
- Capacity Building of Women Managers in Higher Education, UGC Programme – SAM Workshop, 5 days, GFGC, Vijaynagar, Bangalore 26th Feb, 2011 to 2nd March, 2011
- State level workshop on Exotic Research Work in Physics, Govt. Science College, Bangalore – 30th March, 2011
- 2 days workshop about Nano-science and Technology, VDC, Bangalore – 3rd & 4th Sept, 2012
- Optical Fiber Experiments, Maharani Ammanni College, Malleshwaram, Bangalore14th Feb, 2013
- National level seminar on Emerging Trends in Nano-Science, KLE College, Bangalore – 26th March, 2013
- Workshop on Solar Energy, Maharani science College, Bangalore – 2013
- Trends in Material Science, Siddaganga Boys College, Tumkur – 21st & 22nd Feb, 2014
- Two days workshop on Crystallography Sciences, Dept. of Physics, Bangalore University 16th & 17th Oct, 2014
- Two days workshop on nano technology and its application on 22nd and 23rd jan MSCW Bangalore
INNOVATIONS / CONTRIBUTIONS IN TEACHING
- Teaching methods : Lecture method, Using Chalk & Talk, Discussion.
- Evaluation methods :Assignment, Student Feedback, Discussion, Test, Seminar, Questionnaire.
- Preparation of resource material Including books, reading materials, Laboratory manuals etc. : Notes
- Remedial Teaching / Student Counseling (academic) : Worked as Convener of Students Counseling (2014-2015)
- Prepares a lesson plan as per the syllabus and teaches accordingly
- Provides study materials and also conducts assessment tests on the basis of model question papers and previous year question papers which aids in getting good result annually
- Identifies and mentors the pupils who are quite slow in their academics
- Provides moral support by counseling the wards and helps them economically too whenever necessary
- Frequently conducts seminars and lectures pertaining to the curriculum and related topics
Extra Curricular activities:
- Plays chess and throw-ball
- 1.Author of Pakwa short story book.
- 2.HennendareBelaku Kathasankalana[Adrustvanthlalla-kathe)
- 4..koustubha lekanasankalana Atmiyathe lekana)
- 5.Navilahejje kavanasankalana)
- 6.Writings in kannada pratilipi App—more than60writings.
- Actively involves in conducting cultural activities
PARTICIPATION IN CORPORATE LIFE:
- College/University/Institution: Admission, Examination, Invigilation and Valuation.
- Co-curricular Activities: Member Sports and Cultural Committees
- Enrichment of Campus Life: Participating in conducting Sports and Cultural activities
- Life Member: Bangalore university Teachers Association