DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRONICS
To impart an excellent subject theoretical knowledge with practical training.
To bridge the gap between academics and industry.
The Department of Electronics was established in the year 1985 with the introduction of B.Sc. degree in Physics, Mathematics and Electronics with 60 students in a batch. The Department admitted to Grant in aid in the year 1995. Over the period of last 32 years, the department has trained and nurtured thousands of talented and hardworking students .The Depatment of Electronics has a well equipped laboratory with modern equipments like CRO’s, microprocessor kits, communication kits, digital trainers, computers and etc. The Department has been regularly organizing workshops and Seminars for Electronics teachers and students. Department has started conducting UGC sponsored career oriented program for B.Sc. degree students on “Application Specific Integrated Circuits and Embedded systems ” which is more demanded hardware course from the academic year 2009-10.
Department has taken active role in conducting seminar classes by the students to get rid of stage fear and remedial classes for poor students. Department is maintaining a well established Departmental library to ensure more books are available to the students. Department is actively participating in science exhibitions being conducted in city colleges . Students are taken on educational tours to places of scientific importance like Dooradarshan, Electronics industries, Radar Station and etc. Department is putting conscious efforts for getting good results in Electronics and has been achieving 95% to 100% result from the past ten years.
Prof. Thipperudra Swamy K.M.,
The Department is headed by Prof. K.M. Thipperudra Swamy, An Associate Professor . He has been awarded M.Phill. Degree in December 2007.He has worked as BOE member of Bangalore University and Tumkur Universiry. He has also worked as BOE member of different autonomous colleges in Bangalore. He was a member of organizing committee of state level workshops conducted in city colleges. He has worked as a member for the syllabus committee formed by the Chairman, Dept.of Electronics Science, Bangalore University, to revise the syllabus of Electronics for B.Sc. course. He has attended national, UGC sponsored workshops and seminars. He has also worked as an observer for Bangalore University Distance education UG Examination. He worked as a squad member for BU Examinations during 2007-08. He has guided M.Phill students. He worked as the Chairman, BOE during the year 2011-12 and BOS member of Bangalore University from 2011 to 2014. Now presently working as the President of Bangalore university colleges Electronics teachers association.
OBJECTIVES & OUTCOME
- The students would have been well trained with the subject and the skills with which they can enter into any software/hardware companies.
- Students are encouraged and trained to pursue their higher studies.
- Determination of heavy metal contamination in commercially available Turmeric powder in Bengaluru.
- Pollution due to automobile vehicle service stations of Bangaluru environment especially water bodies.
- To establish research centre for commerce as majority of the teachers are doctorates so all so guiding research works in other universities
- To introduce certificate courses in ERP solutions, taxation sales management etc.
- Training centre for professional courses such as CA, ICWA, ACS etc.
- To prepare the students for various competitive examinations like KAS, IAS, IRS, IPS. CA, ACS, and ICMA, etc.,
- To create more awareness for students in research area.
- The majority of the students are from rural background. So, it is a big challenge for the faculty to create.
- Upgrading the department with research facilities.
- To Organize UGC sponsored seminars, workshops and conferences.
- To Strengthen Institution-Industry interface for the projects and job-oriented benefits of the students.
OUR ALUMNI SPEAKS
- Well equipped laboratory(Analog and Digital) with advanced equipment and apparatus
- Computer laboratory with 9 computers.
- Department Library with latest edition text and reference books.
- ICT Facility with latest LED projector and OHP.
- Internet facility
Major equipment in the Department laboratory
|Name of the equipment||Numbers|
|Desk top Computers||10|
|Digital Storage Oscilloscope||8|
|Dual trace CRO||10|
|Regulated Power Supply||30|
|Digital Trainer Kits||10|
|Analog Trainer Kits||10|
|Micro processor Kits||6|
|Micro controller Kits||6|
|Micro processor Interfacing Kits||11|
|Optical Fibre Communication Kits||4|
- Three day workshop on ‘III B.Sc. Revised Syllabus in Electronics” for Bangalore University College Teachers 17th to 19th December 1999.
- One day UGC Sponsored workshop was organized by our Department on “B.Sc. III semester Electronics Syllabus” on 9th March 2005 for all the Electronics Teaching Staff of Bangalore University Degree Colleges.
- One day Electronics Projects Exhibition was organized by our Department on 10th August 2006 for all science students.
- Four day 12 hours workshop on “12 Hour-Super Track Communication Development Workshop” was organized by our Department from 3rd to 6th March 2014 for B.Sc. students of our College.
- Guest Lectures by eminent resource persons from premier institutes and industry are regularly arranged under science and research forum
- Indian Institute of Science. Bengaluru
- International Electronics Exhibition Center. Bengaluru
- A.N Technology. Bengaluru – PCB manufacturing unit
- Meteorological RADAR Station. Bengaluru.
- E wastesegregationunit. Dabaspete, Tumkur Dist.
- Mysore sandal soap factory. Bengaluru.
- INNOVA Technologies
- ISM Institute.
Students are well placed in academic institutes/ Industry / Research as in the following
BEL, Wipro, DELL, Accenture, Christ College, MLA College, etc.,
|Academic year||List of Projects|
|2016-17||LED MATRIX DISPLAY BOARD|
|VOICE CONTROLLED ROBOT CAR|
|ULTRASONIC BASED DISTANCE METER|
|2015-16||GAS LEAKAGE AND FIRE MONITORING SYSTEM WITH SMS ALERT|
|ANDROID SMART PHONE BASED HOME AUTOMATION SYSTEM|
|AUTOMATIC COLLEGE BELL|
|ANDROID SMART PHONE CONTROLLED ROBOT CAR|
|REMOTE CONTROLLED PICK AND PLACE ROBOTIC ARM|
|WIRELESS CONTROLLED METAL DETECTOR|
|GENERATING ELECTRICITY FROM FIRE|
|2014-15||AUTOMATED STREET LIGHT WITH DENSITY BASE TRAFFIC CONTROLLER SYSTEM|
|GESTURE CONTROLLED WHEEL CHAIR.|
|GSM BASED HOME AUTOMATION|
|WIRELESS OPERATED FIRE DETECTING SURVEILLANCE ROBOT|
|LIGHT FOLLOWER ROBOT|
|AUTOMATED PARKING SYSTEM|
|2013-14||VEHICLE SPEED DETECTOR ON HIGHWAYS|
|PROGRAMMABLE SCHOOL BELL TIMER|
|FASTEST FINGER FIRST|
|SMART CARD BASED DOOR ACCESS SYSTEM|
|2012-13||BIDIRECTIONAL VISITOR COUNTER|
|LCD BASED VOTING MACHINE|
|WIND SPEED METER|
|AUTOMATIC SCHOOL BELL TIMER|