DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS
“Education for All”.
“To bring out the best in each and every student and motivate them to carve their path in contemporary society emboldened with knowledge and skill, keeping morality and ethics as underlying forces”
Department of Economics established in the year 1982 with single teacher with 30 students. Over a period of 27 years, the department has grown enormously. Students’ strength has also risen from 30 to 360. Management had opened one more section in the year 1990 and appointed one more teacher for the department.
In the year 1999, Economics Forum emerged in the interest of students. The main aim of the forum was to conduct tours, collect old coin & currency, conducting special lectures etc.
Department of Economics uses electronics media in teaching, learning and evaluation work by making use of overhead projector, slides, photos etc. Several workshops and seminars were organized by the department.
Every year among the students who passed B.A. degree from our college, around 8-10 students join post-graduation studies in History at Bangalore University, Mysore University and Open University, Mysore. From 2010 till date nearly 15-20 students of our college become lecturers in History in various colleges in Karnataka.
The department has organized several workshops, seminars, competitions, the faculty of the department consistently encourages the students to participate in sports, NSS, NCC and other extracurricular activities.
The department adopted and made use of the Information Communication Technology (ICT) in teaching techniques effectively. There is academic flexibility in vertical growth of students’ community to join for higher educations in reputed institutions.
OBJECTIVES & OUTCOME
- Ensuring academic excellence and at the same time understanding the subject and appreciating the beauty of science.
- To ignite scientific temperaments and motivate them to go for higher education and excel in the chosen field in science academia.
- To achieve their goals without compromising on values and by being a law abiding citizen.
- To carry the torch of science education further.
- Determination of heavy metal contamination in commercially available Turmeric powder in Bengaluru.
- Pollution due to automobile vehicle service stations of Bangaluru environment especially water bodies.
- To establish research centre for commerce as majority of the teachers are doctorates so all so guiding research works in other universities
- To introduce certificate courses in ERP solutions, taxation sales management etc.
- Training centre for professional courses such as CA, ICWA, ACS etc.
- To prepare the students for various competitive examinations like KAS, IAS, IRS, IPS. CA, ACS, and ICMA, etc.,
- To create more awareness for students in research area.
- The majority of the students are from rural background. So, it is a big challenge for the faculty to create.
- Collection of coins and artifacts.
- Conduct State/National level seminars/ workshops/ conferences.
OUR ALUMNI SPEAKS
|Month & Year||Speaker||Topic|
|2016||Dr. M.V. Srinivas||Palegars of Karnataka and their Cultural Contributions|
|2014-15||Dr. M Sreeramappa||Capital Market Issues|
|2013-14||Dr. Kempegowda||A special Lecture on IPC|
|2013||Coins Exhibition in College Premises|
|2012-13||Dr. Narasimha Reddy||Generic Medicines|