Welcome to the Placement Department of Vivekananda Degree College
We believe in ‘‘Education should offer practical results”. Our college endeavors to find excellent opportunities for students. We have a computerized database of all the companies to be targeted for campus placements, the alumni database and the profile of our students have already been prepared.
Reputed companies have recruited our students in the past. The Placement Cell arranges final placement as IT professionals with renowned national and international companies through campus interviews of the final year students. Training assignments are arranged for the first and second year students to prepare them for the upcoming placements.
Responsibility of the placement cell
- To Train students for their career
- To Assist them in discovering their strengths, sharpening their interest & planning for better future.
- To conduct seminars, workshop & guest lecturing on various topics.
- To conduct certification programs (technical & non – technical) i.e. Advance excel, Tally, Stock market, Digital marketing, Data analytics & so on.
- To provide internship opportunities for first & second year students.
- To conduct campus interviews (on campus & off campus) for reputable & professional organizations.
- To Maintain database of students so that they can be referred for any suitable job vacancies (after graduation too)
- Data Management & Analysis Using Advance Excel
- Bank Exam and other competitive exam
- Equity Analyst in Stock Markets
- New Collar Employability Skills
- Data Analytics
- Block chain Technology
- TMF Smart Program – Industry Ready ITES program
- Future Skills Program – Employability skills training
- Life skills Program
Number of Placement outgoing students during 2016 - 2021
No. of students participated
No. of students selected / shortlisted
2020 – 2021
2019 – 2020
2018 – 2019
2017 – 2018
2016 – 2017
Placements and Progression
2020 – 21
2019 – 20
2018 – 19
2017 – 18
2016 – 17
(Annual CTC 1.80L to 3.60L)
UG to PG
List of Companies Visited During 2016 – 21
CAPGEMINI – In association with I Primed
FANUC India Pvt Ltd
HUDL India Pvt Ltd
Accenture (off Campus)
HDB Financial Services Ltd
Essae – Teraoka Pvt Ltd (off campus)
ICA Education Pvt Ltd
Bangalore Education Guide Line Pvt Ltd.
Fin Care Bank Ltd
IDFC First Bank Ltd
UTL Technologies – Muthoot Finance
Chamundeshwari Sugars Ltd
Edit Systems Pvt Ltd (off campus)
AXIS Bank Ltd
JOB Fair with 7 – 8 Companies
Student’s Placements details
During the year 2015-16:
- Students from various backgrounds (B.com, BCA, BBA, B.Sc, and MBA M.com) on campus & off- campus participated in the respective drives 233 total candidates were shortlisted out of these 67 finally selected.
During the year 2016-17:
- Students of final year’s B.com on campus participated in the drive held on Dated: 22.09.2016 by M/s. CAPGEMINI (associated with M/s. I Prime) 14 Students were selected offer letter will be issued in 2017. Total participation 31
- Students of final year’s B.com off – campus will be participating in the drive which will be held on Dtd: 27.01.2017 by M/s. FANUC INDIA (P) LTD., 04 Students was selected
- On Dtd: 28th & 29th Jan 2016 M/s. M.T EDUCARE CHARITABLE TRUST organized a camp regards purpose & implement E – Learning system called ROBOMATE – self study app.
- On Dtd: 02.02.2016 M/s. ETEN IAS in associated with Alternative learning systems organized a seminar on “How to prepare for IAS”.
- Dtd: 21st & 22nd July 2016 M/s. ICA (Institute of computer accountants) organised quiz – Accounts & Finance Champ – 2016 our B.com final year students have won 1st Runner up & 2nd Runner up prizes.
- Dtd: 4th & 5th Aug 2016 M/s. Kayaka Computer Education Pvt Ltd., associated with Leaders’ Academy organized orientation program – communication, soft skills & Tally for 1st , 2nd & 3rd B.Com students.
- Dtd: 18th & 19th Aug 2016 M/s. ICA (Institute of computer accountants organized carrier guidance – Campus to Corporate, for Final year B.com students.
- Dtd: 31.08.2016 Participated & presented a paper in the National level student research conference – Higher Education: Student Perspective at Seshadripuram College, Seshadripuram Bangalore.
- Dtd: 31.08.2016 Participated in Business quiz program, at KLE’s Society’s, Nagarabhavi Bangalore.
- Dtd: 27.09.2016 Participated in Seminar on Understanding BPS (Business Process Services) – Recruitment Trends & Opportunities. Industry – Institution Interface at MLA College, Malleshwaram, Bangalore.
- Dtd: 03.10.2016 B.com final year students organized Inter class Business quiz at our college campus.
- Dtd: 24th & 25th Jan 2017 – II B.com Students were participated in inter – collegiate competition – Business Plan @ MLA college, Bangalore.
- Dtd: 1st & 2nd Feb – ‘How to Crack Aptitude – in short cut method’ orientation programs was conducted to final year & pre final year students of B.com, BA by ANIL NAIR COACHING CENTRE.
- Dtd: 14th Feb – ‘Interview Skills training’ was conducted to B.com final years by Success for Sure (NGO)
- Dtd: 15th March – ‘Employability skills’ was conducted to B.com final years by Surana College – PG / Placement Department.
Contact Placement Officer
Prof. V. Srinivas M.Com.,