DEPARTMENT OF POLITICAL SCIENCE
TO PROVIDE THE CONSTITUTION KNOWLEDGE
VOTE VALUE FOR ALL
The Department of Political Science was established in the year 1982 with 01 teacher and about 60 students. Over a period of 36 years, the department has grown from strength to strength. From 1985 Prof. Bhuvaneshwar prasad was working till 2014. He wrote more than 250 books, he is an instrumental to our department. After his superannuation I assume the charge of the department.
Every year among the students who passed B.A. degree from our college, around 8-10 students join post-graduation studies in History at Bangalore University, Mysore University and Open University, Mysore. From 2010 till date nearly 15-20 students of our college become lecturers in History in various colleges in Karnataka.
The department has organized several workshops, seminars, competitions, the faculty of the department consistently encourages the students to participate in sports, NSS, NCC and other extracurricular activities.
The department adopted and made use of the Information Communication Technology (ICT) in teaching techniques effectively. There is academic flexibility in vertical growth of students’ community to join for higher educations in reputed institutions.
The department is headed by Prof. Nagaraja S. He has an experience of over 30 years. He has attended National Level and State Level seminars and conferences at Punjab University, Patiala; University of Mumbai, Mumbai; University of Madras, Chennai; University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram; University of Mysore, Mysore; Bangalore University, Bangalore and Ravenshaw University, Cuttack. He has been a member of ‘Board of Studies’ from 2010 to 2016 for NMKRV College for Women, Bangalore. He has also been a Member to the Board of Examiners for UG for Bangalore University, Bangalore in the year 2010-11, 2013-14. He has also been a Member to the Board of Examiners for UG for NMKRV College for Women, Bangalore from the year 2010 to 2016.
OBJECTIVES & OUTCOME
- To create awareness about the constitution
- To organize to conduct model parliament
- To create awareness program about the terrorism
- Motivate to the students to appear for competitive examination
- Motivation of students towards value of vote
- To create awareness
- Qualified and Experienced teaching faculty.
- Good infrastructure facilities.
- Enhancing civic sense by introducing Indian constitution as a compulsory subject for UG courses.
- To establish research centre for commerce as majority of the teachers are doctorates so all so guiding research works in other universities
- To introduce certificate courses in ERP solutions, taxation sales management etc.
- Training centre for professional courses such as CA, ICWA, ACS etc.
- To prepare the students for various competitive examinations like KAS, IAS, IRS, IPS. CA, ACS, and ICMA, etc.,
- To create more awareness for students in research area.
- The majority of the students are from rural background. So, it is a big challenge for the faculty to create.
- Mock assembly
- Coaching center for public administration to the students preparing for civil service examination.
- Planning to enter into MoU with Gandhian studies, Gandhi Bhavan, Bangalore University, Bangalore.
OUR ALUMNI SPEAKS
|Month & Year||Speaker||Topic|
|2016||Dr. M.V. Srinivas||Palegars of Karnataka and their Cultural Contributions|
|2014-15||Dr. M Sreeramappa||Capital Market Issues|
|2013-14||Dr. Kempegowda||A special Lecture on IPC|
|2013||Coins Exhibition in College Premises|
|2012-13||Dr. Narasimha Reddy||Generic Medicines|