Physics department has established in the year 1982 with an U G Course – B. Sc. (PCM, PME & PMCs). There are four faculty members in the physics department. It consists of two laboratories with dark room, staff room and store room. It has Computer and Internet facilities for staff & students. Every year, nearly 6 to 8 students are joining M.Sc. in Physics at various Universities on merit basis.
Vision and Mission
Education for all and Quality education at affordable cost.
Courses/ Programs offered
U G Course: B.Sc. (PCM, PME, & PMCs).
To motivate B.Sc. students towards higher education and research.
Name: Y. C. Gangadharaih
Qualification: M.Sc. in Physics. Pursuing Ph.D.
Experience: 33 years
BOE member and Question Paper Setter
Attended National level workshops and seminars.
- Two Laboratories along with equipments and full fledge dark room.
- Computers and Internet facilities.
Physics department has conducted following programs under the banner of science and research forum from 2010-2016.
- Seminar on “Greenhouse effect and global warming on 21/12/2012 for the staff and students under JES funds.
- Two days workshop on “Frontiers of science” on 03/09/2012 and 04/09/2012 for the faculty and students of different colleges, Bangalore university under JES and Indian Academies of Science.
- Seminar on Nano devices in celebration of national science day on 28/02/2015 under JES funds.
- Seminar on International year of light on 30/12/2015 for faculty and students under JES funds.
- Workshop on “B.Sc. syllabus- revision (CBCS)” on 11/04/2016 and 12/04/2016 under JES funds.
- Computer and Internet facilities.
Eminent academicians and scientists/ visitors to the department:
- Dr. Thimmegowda, VC, Bangalore university.
- Dr.K.J. Rao IISC, Bangalore. on 3/9/2012 &10/9/2015
- Dr.K.L. Sabastian, Chairman, IISC, Bangalore. On 28/2/2015
- Prof.P. Balaram, Director, IISC, Bangalore. On 4/9/2012
- Prof. B. A. Patil, Director, IISC, Bangalore. On 30/12/2015
Details on student enrichment programmes (special lectures / workshops / seminar) with external experts.
- Seminar on “Greenhouse effect and Global warming” on 2/2/2012
- Workshop on “Frontiers of Science” 3/9/2012 & 4/9/2012
- Seminar on “Nano devices” In celebration of National science day 28/2/2015
- seminar on “International year of light” on 30/12/2015
Teaching methods adopted to improve student learning:
The following teaching methods are adopted by the faculty apart from normal lecture method
- Power Point presentation
- Class seminars.
- Question and answers
- Class Quiz
- Lab demo
- Question paper discussion
- Unit test
- Science Exhibition
- Group discussion
Dr.Chikkahanumantharayappa., M.Sc., Ph.D.,
M : 9740979328
E : firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. Nagaraju. K.S, M.Sc.,
M : +91 9342530138
E : email@example.com
Dr.Vasu, M.Sc., M.Phil.Ph.D
M : +91 9901079879
E : firstname.lastname@example.org
(Deputed to GFGC, Kengeri, Bengaluru).
|Name||Qualification||Designation||Specialization||Total Year of Experience||Remarks|
|Prof.Y.C.Gangadharaiah||M.Sc.,||HOD of Physics||Electronics||33||Pursuing Ph.D. and yet to be submit thesis shortly|
|Dr.Chikkahanumantharayappa||M.Sc., Ph.D.,||Associate Professor||Spectroscopy||32||Guiding for 5 Ph.D. students|
|Prof.K.S.Nagaraju||M.Sc., LLB, Dip in NSS||Associate Professor||Spectroscopy||30||Pursuing Ph.D. and yet to be submit thesis shortly|
|Dr.Vasu||M.Sc.,M.Phil., Ph.D.,||Associate Professor||Solid state physics||30||Guiding for one Ph.D. student|
|Prof.Chandini C.S||M.Sc., B.Ed.,||Asst. Professor||Nuclear physics||2||–|