The quality policy of the college is in line with quality assurance provided by the Bangalore City University and the Department of Collegiate Education in Karnataka. UGC guidelines are also taken care while making quality policy of the institution. The Local Inquiry Committee of the Bangalore City University after several inspections of various facilities and procedures in the college has sanctioned permanent affiliation to the college.
The college has set-up Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as per the requirement of UGC and NAAC. IQAC is trying its best for the advancement in the field of teaching and learning. IQACis encouraging the departments and the faculty to undertake research worksand organize seminars / workshops, etc. IQAC in fact is the mouthpiece of faculty and the students in the matters concerning quality specially teaching, learning and infrastructure. IQAC in consultation with the faculty draw the academic calendar so also calendar of events for extracurricular and co-curricular activities.
IQAC believes in participative management. This initiative of the IQAC has given platform to the students and faculty members to contributeto the process of improvement of quality. Feedbacks from the stakeholders are discussed in the IQAC meetings to find solutions. Matters pertaining to infrastructure requirements are also discussed in the IQAC meetings and necessary recommendations are made to the college management for its consideration.
IQAC – Vision
To ensure quality culture as the prime concern for the Higher Education Institutions through institutionalizing and internalizing all the initiatives taken with internal and external support.
The primary aim of IQAC is
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks;
- Relevant and quality academic/ research programs;
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programs for various sections of society;
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning;
- The credibility of assessment and evaluation process;
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services;
- Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks
- Parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Collection and analysis of feedback from all stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters to all stakeholders;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programs/activities leading to quality improvement;
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality;
- Periodical conduct of Academic and Administrative Audit and its follow-up j) Preparation and submission of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC.