The college has spacious Library with reference section. Sufficient initiatives have been taken by the Library advisory committee to make the library user friendly and a knowledge center. The Library has eight computer systems with internet facility. One photocopier with printing facilities is also available.
The Library operations have been fully computerized, it has our own Institutional Repository Facilities (Digital Library), on-line cataloging, e-resources facilities, Forums facilities etc., All Library services are providing through Mobiles or Systems in 24 X 7 for the benefit of the students and staff.
- Monday To Saturday -7-30 am to 2.00pm
- Evening 5-00pm to 8.30pm
- During Examination: 7.30am to 3.00pm and Evening 5.00pm to m8.30pm.
Library Advisory Committee is as follows:
- Prof. Venkateshappa (Principal & Chairperson)
- Prof. B.N. Channaiah
- Prof. K.S.Nagaraj
- Dr. L. Ramesh
- Prof. H.N.Premakumari
- Prof. Pushpa
- Smt. Veena B.S. (Convener)
|NAME OF THE STAFF||QUALIFICATION||DESIGNATION||
|Sri. Puttathibbegowda||P.U.C, Certified libraray science training.||Library Assistant||29 years|
|Smt.Umadevi.B||M.A, B.lib.Sc||Library assistant||7 years|
|Sri.Kempegowda.J.T||7th std||Attender||30 years|
Library Collection Development:
- Total No. of Books – 32,928
- Total No. of Titles – 10.050
- Total No. of Journals Subscribed – 61
- Total No. of News papers & Magazines – 19
- Previous Semesters question papers
- Bound volumes of Journals
- Membership of UGC-Consortium Inflibnet (E-Journals):
- ( It covers around 6000 e-journals and 97,000 e-books through a server installed at the INFLIBNET Centre. )
- e-Granthalaya (software for automation)
- Internet browsing for both Lecturers and Students
- Accession Registers maintained in both soft and hardware form
- Our Website Address : vdcjes.edu.in
- Books kept by subject disciplines using colon classification.
Text and Reference Books(Subject wise)
- KANNADA 3883
- HINDI 500
- ENGLISH 725
- SANSKRIT 395
- PHYSICS 2675
- CHEMISTRY 2000
- MATHEMATICS 2875
- ELECTRONICS 1450
- COMPUTER SCIENCE 2750
- BIO-TECHNOLOGY 500
- ZOOLOGY 390
- HISTORY 1900
- ECONOMICS 2010
- POLITICAL SCIENCE 1700
- COMMERCE 7175
- REFERENCE 1650
- SC-ST 350
- TOTAL 32,928
Instructions to the Library user:
- Borrowing facilities are available to the member of the Library against Bar-coded Identity Card cum library card issued to them. Books are issued from the counter on presenting the Bar-coded Identity card. The ID card is non-Transferable.
- Journals/ Magazines (Previous issues) will be issued on merit of the case for overnight only.
- The list of new arrivals will be displayed on the Library website and kept on display Shelf for a week. Afterwards the new arrivals will be available for issue if not meant for reference.
- If a book is not returned within the stipulated time as given in Library, the member will be charged a fine of Rs 1/- per day per book, in case of overnight issue, the fine will be Rs 4/- per day per book.
- The defaulters will not be issued books in future.
- In the case of loss of book by the borrower he/she shall replace the book + late fine as admissible. If he/she does not replace the book then he/she has to pay double the cost of the book.
- The library members are responsible for loss of the Library cum Identity card issued to them. Loss of ID card should be reported to the Librarian immediately. Loss of the card attracts fine of Rs. 100/-.
- Entitlement for issue of books.
- Categories No of Books Loan Period
- UG Students 2 15 days
- PG Students 3 15 days
- Teaching Staff 8-10 185 days
- Technical Staff 3 185 days
- Users should be sign in and out register available at the Library entrance.
- To maintain the silence in the library premises and should not be disturb to the readers. Smoking/ eating/ talking/ chewing should strictly prohibit in the library.
- Personal belongings are not allowed in the library, which can be kept in the racks at Property Counter; however, they may carry loose papers and notebooks.
- The Members have to verify the borrowing books before leaving the issue counter. Any damage to the borrowed books, he/she will be responsible.
- If any student found indulging in the process of book hiding, stealing, or mutilating, he/she should be punishing in the form of fines with the approval of the Librarian.
- No Due Certificate will be give only after surrendering the Books & Library Card.