Welcome to the Placement Department of Vivekananda Degree College
We believe in ‘‘Education should offer practical results”. Our college endeavors to find excellent opportunities for students. We have a computerized database of all the companies to be targeted for campus placements, the alumni database and the profile of our students have already been prepared.
Reputed companies have recruited our students in the past. The Placement Cell arranges final placement as IT professionals with renowned national and international companies through campus interviews of the final year students. Training assignments are arranged for the first and second year students to prepare them for the upcoming placements.
The department is provided with all facilities to enable deserving students of Vivekananda Degree College to get competitive placements. Reputed companies visit our institute regularly for placements.
The Training & Placement Cell is well equipped with excellent infrastructure to support each and every stage of the placement processes in the campus. The pre-placement talk rooms, group discussion rooms are equipped with LCD projectors, PCs facilities. The Training & Placement Cell has sufficient number of interview rooms. We have Internet connectivity for the online examination. We impart state of the art training to students to make them competent to corporate world; many books are available in the library to help students prepare for interviews. Efforts are on to improve the communication, group discussion and presentation skills of the students. Students are also encouraged to present seminar on variety of topics.
List of companies visited for campus drive:
|Name of the Organization/Company|
|Bangalore Education Guide Line Pvt Ltd|
|SONAX K & N Filters|
|VEE Technologies USA|
|EHELIUM – For Kotak Mahindra|
|TVS training & Service (associated with BRILA SUN Life Insurance)|
|TATA Consultancy Service|
|Sixer Jobs (consultancy)|
|M.T. EDUCARE (MAHESH PU COLLEGE)|
|FIRST NAUKRI in associated with ACCENTURE – India|
|IMPACT Creative’s Marketing|
|AYON Global Education Service Pvt Ltd.,|
|ACT Pvt Ltd (Atria convergence Pvt Ltd)|
|CAPGEMINI (associated with I Prime)|
|FANUC INDIA (P) LTD., Electronic city, Bangalore (off – campus)|
Student's Placements details
During the year 2015-16:
- Students from various backgrounds (B.com, BCA, BBA, B.Sc, and MBA M.com) on campus & off- campus participated in the respective drives 233 total candidates were shortlisted out of these 67 finally selected.
During the year 2016-17:
- Students of final year’s B.com on campus participated in the drive held on Dated: 22.09.2016 by M/s. CAPGEMINI (associated with M/s. I Prime) 14 Students were selected offer letter will be issued in 2017. Total participation 31
- Students of final year’s B.com off – campus will be participating in the drive which will be held on Dtd: 27.01.2017 by M/s. FANUC INDIA (P) LTD., 04 Students was selected
- On Dtd: 28th & 29th Jan 2016 M/s. M.T EDUCARE CHARITABLE TRUST organized a camp regards purpose & implement E – Learning system called ROBOMATE – self study app.
- On Dtd: 02.02.2016 M/s. ETEN IAS in associated with Alternative learning systems organized a seminar on “How to prepare for IAS”.
- Dtd: 21st & 22nd July 2016 M/s. ICA (Institute of computer accountants) organised quiz – Accounts & Finance Champ – 2016 our B.com final year students have won 1st Runner up & 2nd Runner up prizes.
- Dtd: 4th & 5th Aug 2016 M/s. Kayaka Computer Education Pvt Ltd., associated with Leaders’ Academy organized orientation program – communication, soft skills & Tally for 1st , 2nd & 3rd B.Com students.
- Dtd: 18th & 19th Aug 2016 M/s. ICA (Institute of computer accountants organized carrier guidance – Campus to Corporate, for Final year B.com students.
- Dtd: 31.08.2016 Participated & presented a paper in the National level student research conference – Higher Education: Student Perspective at Seshadripuram College, Seshadripuram Bangalore.
- Dtd: 31.08.2016 Participated in Business quiz program, at KLE’s Society’s, Nagarabhavi Bangalore.
- Dtd: 27.09.2016 Participated in Seminar on Understanding BPS (Business Process Services) – Recruitment Trends & Opportunities. Industry – Institution Interface at MLA College, Malleshwaram, Bangalore.
- Dtd: 03.10.2016 B.com final year students organized Inter class Business quiz at our college campus.
- Dtd: 24th & 25th Jan 2017 – II B.com Students were participated in inter – collegiate competition – Business Plan @ MLA college, Bangalore.
- Dtd: 1st & 2nd Feb – ‘How to Crack Aptitude – in short cut method’ orientation programs was conducted to final year & pre final year students of B.com, BA by ANIL NAIR COACHING CENTRE.
- Dtd: 14th Feb – ‘Interview Skills training’ was conducted to B.com final years by Success for Sure (NGO)
- Dtd: 15th March – ‘Employability skills’ was conducted to B.com final years by Surana College – PG / Placement Department.
Contact Placement Officer
Prof. V. Srinivas M.Com.,